? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip

12 oz package fresh cranberries
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp cumin
2 tbsp lemon juice
dash salt
2 - 8oz packages cream cheese
1 box of wheat thins

Before you start, some of the ingredients need to sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours so plan ahead.

1. Put cranberries in a food processor. I used my little chopper thing. You could just chop them up yourself if you need to.
2. Chop up your green onion, cilantro and jalapeno pepper into small pieces. Again I just chopped everything up with my little chopper. Careful of the jalapeno seeds - they are the hot part. I didn't add any seeds and I only chopped maybe 1/2 of my pepper.
3. Add all ingredients (but the cream cheese) into a bowl. Mix them all together, cover and store in the fridge for at least 4 hours. I did mine overnight because it was easier for me. The sugar needs some time to soak in to the cranberries and break up their bitter taste.
4. When you are ready to serve, spread your cream cheese all over your serving plate as evenly as you can. I used one that had a little bit of a lip so everything didn't spill. You could use a 9x13 pan too.
5. Pour your cranberry mixture over the cream cheese and spread it all around.
6. Serve with Wheat Thins, Ritz crackers or tortilla chips (my favorite was the wheat thins)

I LOVED this dip. Heidi made it for our recipe club and I was surprised with how much I liked it, just because I don't love cranberries. If anyone needs to bring something to a Christmas party this would be a fun festive idea.
We got this recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com and that is the same website I got the smore cookies recipe from.

0 comments: